(Closed) Program Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
As a Program Manager at PlayStation, you will lead initiatives from inception through deployment on a worldwide scale within our platform. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background and will have proven experience leading enterprise projects. You are able to thrive and succeed in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of globally-distributed partners and project team members, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. We strive to provide clear communications and organizational agility. We like to have fun while we work, you should too!
- Lead and own the successful ongoing execution and deliver large-scale server side programs while partnering with design, program, product, engineering, business and operational teams.
- Develop full program plan including timelines, milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, mitigations, success criteria and communication for server side and coordinate with supported Development Manager, Technical Project Managers and Technical Leads.
- Manage scheduling at the task level as needed, with overall accountability at the program level.
- Ensure broad socialization of plans and alignment across leadership, stakeholders, the project team, and internal and external partners.
- Provide detailed and timely communication on developing issues to relevant partners with clarity and urgency.
- Define, execute, and communicate risk management plans with a mindset towards engaged problem solving.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment, knowing when to call out issues and prioritize resolution.
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a global organization.
- Develop and share standard methodologies across the team.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in program management or technical leadership, with deep knowledge of large-scale enterprise program delivery.
- Experience working with AWS, Microservices architecture and/or Machine Learning is a plus.
- Keen reader of people, culture and situations to take control and make things happen.
- Recognize and communicate blocking issue situations. Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Jira, Portfolio, Confluence, Trello, Slack, Collaboration apps—like Google Apps or SmartSheets, etc…). Strong preference for expertise integrating JIRA and confluence as a reporting medium
- Shown understanding of agile software development, iterative development and release processes.
- SAFe knowledge
- Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certifications.
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.