(Closed) Product Manager, Competitive Gaming
PlayStation’s Games Product Management team is charged with delivering great gaming experiences to players around the world. Located in San Francisco, the team is passionate about gaming and great products, as well as being friendly, encouraging, and inclusive.
Are you a customer-focused, highly motivated, hardworking product manager who can define and drive the future of PlayStation and esports? Are you constantly thinking of ways to make multiplayer and competitive gaming better? If so, then this position is for you!
We’re always striving to create a learning and supportive environment, where every team member is empowered to do their best work.
This Product Manager will be responsible for defining requirements and deliverables for key competitive gaming and esports products, with the goal of building solutions that work for a wide variety of player types.
Great product managers don’t only come from within the product management discipline. If you have proven experience building great gaming products, whether from a product, design or engineering background, and love thinking of ways to make esports and competitive gaming better, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone with 3 or more years’ experience in one or more of these areas.
- Develop requirements for new esports and competitive gaming features, products and services for PlayStation, working with stakeholders across the global business
- Work with design teams to create solutions that are compelling, easy to use and realistic to implement
- Work with engineering teams to ensure we build the right thing and ship it at the right time
- Articulate business and consumer rationale to the teams building the product
- Prioritize features based on product strategy and global business objectives
- Drive user-centric analysis of feature design: establish KPIs, assess performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Maintain and communicate the roadmap for your features and product
- Understand and communicate how your product is used in the market, based on customer feedback, research and data, feeding back into future requirements and product roadmap
- Understand and communicate the competitive landscape as it affects PlayStation and its esports strategy in particular
- Prior product management experience delivering multiplayer gaming or esports features is a plus
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to synthesize information, apply critical thought and present the information in a clear and meaningful way
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work collaboratively and lead complex and highly impactful cross-functional projects from concept to completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment
- Detail-oriented with strong project and program management skills
- Experience and understanding of agile software development process
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as necessary
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.