PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation: San Diego Studio
We will consider mid-level to senior plus professional experience.
We have a great opportunity to join PlayStation Studios. We are seeking a Online Programmer to assist with development and improvement of online systems and tools for the MLB The Show product line. After learning the current online architecture and systems, you will add online features to the game, extend or develop server-side systems and implement groundbreaking features. Your efforts will directly impact the next generation of The Show. If this is you, then you need to come play with us here in sunny San Diego.
- Learn, maintain, and augment existing online code, servers, and tools.
- Collaborate with designers to turn ideas into concrete game features.
- Strong programming skills with C++.
- Familiarity with C#.
- An understanding of Internet communications and associated standard methodologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to write efficient, compact code for systems with limited resources.
- Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Game industry experience preferred.
- Multi-platform development experience (*nix, Windows, gaming console).
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with asynchronous message passing architectures.
- Familiarity with MySQL or other RDBMS.
- Familiarity with cryptography or TLS/SSL.
- Detailed baseball rules understanding.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.