(Closed) Mastering Lab Technician (Night Shift)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: QA Mastering Lab Technician (Night Shift)
- Shift Pattern: 8pm – 7am / 4 days on, 4 days off
A role within a close team of 4, processing all Patch, DLC and Game submission types for all regions (SIEE, SIEA, SIE Asia and SIEJ). This position includes database entry, version control and verifying code meets preset standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create all applications in readiness for compliance testing (labelling, mastering checks, encryption, etc.).
- Perform Tech checks on all submitted applications.
- Maintain the lowest possible error rate throughout creation and distribution.
- Facilitate the transfer of game code for all PlayStation formats to all testing centres and distribution partners.
- Securely track all applications throughout the test cycle.
- Prepare the maximum number of applications for testing as efficiently as possible, ensuring that applications enter test ahead of slot start date.
- File or destroy all media when the relevant applications are no longer in test.
- Keep the TMDB spreadsheet and collections up to date.
- Keep fully up to date with any new TRCs, test cases, etc. that are relevant to perform the role and alter procedures accordingly.
- Bug Testing.
- Ensure all bugs are identified and thoroughly investigated.
- Ensure all bug information, including classification, is accurately recorded and entered into the database.
- Check existing bugs against newer versions of code.
- Make Supervisor aware of any bugs found.
- Maintain the PlayGo server.
- Liaise with other departments, both domestic and global, whenever necessary and offer any assistance required.
- Assist the Global Format QA Management and Supervisors in any other duties as required.
- Complete allocated work within given time frames.
- Provide accurate progress updates to direct line manager, when requested.
- Ensure all relevant GFQA procedures are followed.
- Comply with departmental security policy at all times and be alert to any security issues that may occur.
- Ensure company property is correctly treated and report any misuse to direct line manager
- Behave in an appropriate manner in the workplace.
What we’re looking for:
- Display excellent attention to detail, maintaining diligence and focus for extended periods.
- Be methodical and analytical, displaying excellent problem identification and investigative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Flexible attitude towards responsibilities and working hours (four days on, four days off shift is applicable).
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to show, understand and bring an appropriate level of expertise to the role.
- The ability to achieve high standards and quality in work.
- The ability to innovate and establish creative solutions as and when needed.
- The ability to adapt behaviour appropriately to a range of different people.
- Able to adapt and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Builds effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve common objectives.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but may be changed from time to time or when business needs require it.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle storage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.