(Closed) Manager, Payment Operations
The Global Payments team enables consumers to pay for their digital content and services by maximizing acceptance and minimizing friction within the purchasing experience across the entire PlayStation® ecosystem.
Reporting to the Head of Global Payment Operations, your responsibilities cover the operational management of payments across North America (NA) and Latin America (LATAM) market. Your team will support the financial reconciliation and resulting exception management of payment processing within that market.
As the manager of NA/LATAM Payment Operations, you will work collaboratively with platform and finance partners to drive efficiency, identify errors and system defects through reconciliation exceptions and ensure payment reconciliation, settlement, and accounting is achievable within agreed SLA. Through those and other regional relationships, you will also be the voice of the consumer and regional partners back into both the global payment and global fraud organizations.
Your role will also be responsible for optimization of payment acceptance through payment routing and the configuration of payment decisions. By working closely with the Head of Payment Partnerships, you will ensure communication regarding payment routing is clear and timely while being commercially considerate to our partner relationships.
- Working closely with the head of Global Payment Operations, the Global Fraud Operations team, and the finance team to identify, report, and resolve any discrepancies in payment reconciliation
- Incident Management impacting payment partner settlement and reconciliation, ensuring appropriate resolution and business partner management
- Ambassador for regional partners to raise issues relating to Payments and Fraud
- Deliver meaningful data analysis and insights to drive decisions for payment routing
- Support the Head of Payment Partnerships in the communication to partners with regards to volume forecasting and payment routing decisions
- Working with global and regional teams, identify and deliver strategies to change consumer payment preference and deliver positive impact against payment processing costs
- Oversee with local and global marketing and PR and CS teams when launching or changing any payment solution
- Deliver vendor operational performance insight to the Head of Payment Partnerships to support the management of payment partners
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in payments in a digital eCommerce environment while delivering significant results
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1st Class understanding of credit/debit card processing within an eCommerce environment
- Deep understanding of payment settlement and reconciliation processes
- Expertise in regional (NA/LATAM) payment system intricacies and standard practices with an understanding of cultural and regional differences in attitudes towards different payment mechanics
- Prior experience of driving operational efficiencies in eCommerce environments
- Insight into the nuances between online payment instruments
- Self-starter who is solution focused and able to work under their own initiative
- Ability to manage a team focused on multiple countries in market
- Ability to navigate complex environments with multiple partners across a variety of business functions
- Ability to successfully establish relationships with partners
- Experience of working under pressure, in an ever-changing and challenging environment
- Background on the card schemes and regulation
- Understanding of regulations such as the Payment Services Directive and others impacting payment services
- Ability to work varying hours as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operation
- Experience in the games industry
- Japanese language skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.