Manager, Network Engineering and Operations
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation, Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
(Aliso Viejo, CA)
Manager, Network Engineering and Operations
Come lead a team of network engineers to design, build, and operate a global network that serves all of PlayStation! We are looking for a strong leader to develop and lead a network engineering and operations team in Orange County, CA. Your team will collaborate with teams in Berlin, Germany and Adelaide, Australia to ensure 24x7 operations. This individual will have the ability to be hands-on but have strong people management skills.
Your team will consist of Network Engineers that can lead projects, build new networks, contribute to automation (NetDevOps), and be fully independent in operating a complex global network.
- Work with the NetEng management to build a team of Network Engineers to design, build, and operate our network.
- Ability to contribute to technical tasks and provide technical reviews and guidance.
- Provide technical guidance and support to engineers in interpreting and reacting to network events.
- Build an amazing team with a PlayStation culture that will attract and retain top talent.
- Ensure daily operations, track work on projects, changes, and incidents.
- Ensure processes and procedures are followed.
- Collaborate with the rest of NetEng management to ensure consistency between staff globally.
- Develop a strong relationship with each engineer to ensure their overall health, happiness, and success at PlayStation.
- Support the professional goals and development opportunities for the engineering staff.
- Provide coaching through mentoring, training, and 1:1s.
- Contribute to the design and enhancement of the global backbone and data center infrastructures.
- Assist in the development of automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
- Participate in an oncall rotation as a 3rd level.
- Leading teams of 4+ engineers.
- Experience with team building and mentoring engineers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc.)
- Familiarity with service provider IGP implementations.
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Comfortable with core backbone routers, layer 2 and layer 3 switches
- Capable of mentoring junior-level network engineers in all aspects of network design, operations and deployment.
- Leading a team of engineers in a global capacity.
- Working in a follow the sun model.
- Experience with Juniper MX, QFX and EX series platforms.
- Experience with ISIS
- Experience with BGP route dissemination in a global network environment.
- Familiarity with MPLS-TE
- Familiarity with IPV6
- Experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with optical media.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.