Senior Game AI Programmer
The team at PlayStation London Studio is looking for a Senior Game AI Programmer to join their Gameplay team .
We want you to be the leading light for Game AI development in our studio, working with designers and the wider studio team, you will utilise your experience and passion for developing AI and NPC behaviours . Ensuring delivery of studio technology that can be depended upon to realise engaging and exciting gameplay .
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to help shape a product that aspires to be best in class.
- Prototyping new AI features and explor e creative ideas with an absolute focus on quality and the player experience.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing , and maintaining highly accessible AI features in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, and animators .
- Design and development of wider gameplay systems, AI related tooling and implementing game content.
- Troubleshooting gameplay related issues throughout the team.
- Continuously striving to deliver a highly entertaining interactive experience.
- Proactively and methodically improving quality and efficiency.
WHO YOU ARE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of various established Game AI methodologies, with particular focus on decision frameworks , pathfinding , and spatial evaluation techniques.
- Experience working with animation and character related technologies.
- Experience working in small, focused work groups and interfacing with a large multi-discipline team. Excellent communication skills, approachability, passion, and aptitude for practical gameplay development.
- Excellent C++ programming skills. Proficiency in maths and 3D geometry. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles. Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase, including systems such as: graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- Objective profiling, analysis, and optimization skills. An appreciation of parallelism and the implications for system design, and a m ethodical approach to debugging and problem solving in general.
- Development of a network focused title.
- PlayStation platform development, PC or other console-based development, or mobile applications and games.
- A successful shipped console or mobile title that achieved critical acclaim and did well in the market .
Although we are ideally looking for someone with Senior experience, we would encourage you to apply even if you don’t fully fit the job description as written. We love our people and a big part of working at London Studio means we offer support, learning and development. If you feel you can do this senior role but there are a few areas where you might have room for development, we would still love to hear from you!
We are absolutely committed to promoting and increasing diversity across the studio, welcoming applications from groups who are underrepresented in the games industry.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage all candidates to respond.