Lead Online Gameplay Designer
PlayStation London Studio is looking for a Lead/Principal Online Gameplay Designer with online experience to join our team working on exciting projects for next-gen. As a 1st Party Studio our remit is to produce games which show the exciting potential of the latest PlayStation hardware so it’s important you are up for experimenting and working in uncharted design territory!
As the Lead Online Gameplay Designer, you will be directly responsible for the development of gameplay mechanics and systems working alongside the Design Director and other leads.
- Working with the Design Director to deliver on the product vision to a high quality.
- Communication of the gameplay design to the wider team to ensure team engagement is high.
- Working with production to plan the project, provide good time estimations and up-to-date knowledge of the project status
- Knowledge sharing with the team through great processes, work flows, templates and documentation as well as mentoring and presenting.
- Work with Mission, Narrative and Technical Design teams to ensure a holistic approach is taken to concept development.
- Work with the Tools and Gameplay Code teams to develop and maintain robust gameplay workflows, and tooling in our proprietary editor for designers.
- Work closely with Technical Design and Gameplay Coding departments to create fantastic player experiences through gameplay mechanics, systems and game structures.
WHO YOU ARE/YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Experience designing gameplay mechanics and systems for online games to a high quality level
- Able to present and communicate the design to multi-discipline teams
- Great design documentation skills
- A player-centric developer – always thinking about the player’s experience.
- Flexible in your workflow and can learn to use new tools quickly.
- Happy to show your work early and embrace feedback from all disciplines.
- You are organised and always looking for ways to improve processes.
- You should have good interpersonal skills and be able to manage and build relationships with a team of designers.
- You will ideally have experience working in large multi-discipline design teams and be a role model for other designers in both your work, conduct and effectiveness
- You will possess the ability to effectively collaborate with art, design and engineering to help produce great gameplay.
- You are authentic, honest and comfortable challenging the status quo.
- A great team player, have an adventurous can-do spirit, and are always happy to take feedback, collaborate and iterate on your work.
- You have excellent instincts for what makes fantastic and engaging gameplay.
- Experience working with and supporting new engine and tool development.
We are absolutely committed to promoting and increasing diversity across the studio, welcoming applications from groups who are underrepresented in the games industry.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage all candidates to respond.