Junior PR Manager (WD)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Based in our London office, this role supports the Global Communications team in conveying the company’s unified voice and innovation story across gaming and entertainment. The ideal candidate will be strategic, creative, and, most importantly, collaborative with project management experience. Must be a strong writer, detail-oriented and experienced fostering relationships both internally with stakeholders and externally with partners and media / influencers. Experience in working within European or Global teams is a plus.
The Junior PR Manager will be involved in creating strategy for exclusive games for PlayStation and support the global team in creating and implementing global communications strategy and execution across PR campaigns and initiatives.
Working directly with studios teams in EU and US, this individual will be responsible for strategic ideation, creating media pitches with global relevance and working closely with Marketing and Influencer counterparts to amplify and develop wider project plans and reporting on their results / KPIs. This individual will collaborate with territory PR teams across Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Russia, Japan, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and Canada and will be responsible for reviewing local PR plans and ensuring all key stakeholders are informed and kept abreast of plans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support, develop and implement strategic PR campaigns for PlayStation’s exclusive games, working across a global organization to create integrated communication plans in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate alongside marketing and influencer partners to craft messaging, offer strategic counsel and execute PR activities with a high level of success.
- Creating and applying influencer strategy to campaigns, conducting due diligence, and understanding the differing needs of influencer types.
- Create PR materials including fact sheets, pitch letters, Q&A’s, FAQ’s, developer bios, testimonial sheets, media alerts, and coverage reports.
- Lead PR efforts for various media tours and press events if applicable.
- Provide postmortem analysis of PR activities and campaigns.
- Ability to work closely and with finer detail of logistics on events, planning and distribution activities.
- Streamline campaign information flow and approvals to ensure localized and relevant materials get delivered on time
- Leverage best-in-class tools and processes for distributing global PR messaging, stats, assets, and other press materials to aid in expanding territory media coverage
- Manage up and report back to team members, line manager and Comms Leadership team on key areas, including strategic plans, campaign status, internal challenges, product updates, and issues.
- Contribute to broader Communications department initiatives and influencer program
What we're looking for:
- The desired candidate will have 3+ years of Public Relations experience working with tech / gaming brands. We are open to this being agency or in-house experience.
- Communicate effectively – Whether presenting in front of large groups of colleagues or sending an email, our job is all about clear and effective communication.
- Proven track record of executing consumer PR plans and strategies.
- Experience managing projects and the ability to work collaboratively with others across a large global organization.
- Skills at building relationships with media, influencers, and internal stakeholders, as well as leveraging social media channels.
- Knowledge of the international media landscape and experience coordinating global campaigns with counterparts based in territories.
- Demonstrate creativity – Whether it is looking for new ways to show our products in the best light or knowledge of emerging social platforms, thinking creatively is vitally important to everything we do.
- Ability to manage multiple-projects – You’ll be working across several different projects at any given time, so you will need to be organised and capable of managing conflicting deadlines.
- International – The role will be dealing with teams from all over the world so some exposure to/experience working with other cultures or a second European language is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience working with an external PR Agency is advantageous, as well as managing budget.
- Keen interest in videogames and knowledge of the gaming industry is preferable.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.