PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Junior Network Engineer - Operations
NetEng in the PlayStation Future Technology Group should say it all. We are a team of Network Engineers working on all the things that make us Network Engineers drool. We use all the cool acronyms and automate everything. On top of that, we are people you won't just work with but will share laughs and good times with.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer that will not only make PlayStation the best place to play but also the best place to work. On our team, you will play a key role in keeping our network running. You'll have a chance learn from the best and plenty of opportunity to grow and provide feedback to our architecture, automation, operations, or anything else that interests you.
Core Responsibilities (100%):
- Operations of a large global network (Incidents, Changes, Maintenance)
- Use tooling to analyze network data (sflow, ipfix, telemetry, etc) to identify problems and improve network performance
- Keep our network running
- Contribute to our OnCall rotation. Normal Business Hours + Weekends (8hrs per day)
- Daily operations tasks including troubleshooting and resolving network faults, processing new requests and maintenances, and implementing changes
- Roll up your sleeves and own the investigation of network problems
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals
- Desire to learn and grow. Be curious and coachable. Allow your senior engineers to mentor you.
- Familiarity with ISIS, MPLS, IPv6, and L2/L3 VPN services.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration.
- Familiarity with MP-BGP routing policy in a global network environment.
- Familiarity with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Familiarity with router firewall policies.
- Familiarity with Juniper MX , QFX, SRX, and EX series platforms.
- Familiarity working in load balancer topologies.
- Familiarity with optical media and optical transport systems.
- Familiarity using a distributed version control system (git).
- Familiarity building automation tools for large infrastructures.
- Familiarity working in a globally distributed team and/or with IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL).
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.