Group Consolidation Accountant
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The role is ideally suited to an ACA/ACCA accountant with industry experience and an audit background looking to develop their group reporting and finance systems skills at a dynamic multinational.
The key requirement of the role is to carry out the consolidation, internal and external reporting and analysis of the group financial information to the ultimate parent undertaking, Sony Group Corporation. This role will also have a focus on finance systems through supporting the project to roll out a new Group Consolidation tool.
The role will include dealing with several stakeholders, management of strict reporting deadlines and an understanding of group financial performance to a product margin level. It is important to have good technical, systems and organisational skills as well as being pro-active and a strong communicator.
What we are looking for:
- Lead the group monthly consolidation adjustments process
- Run consolidation procedures in SAP including eliminations and revaluations
- Prepare and submit primary statements, balance sheet and supplementary packages to Sony Group in the group reporting tool under IFRS
- Ensure SOx compliance on all month end responsibilities
- Prepare responses to questions on submissions from Sony Group
- Support with SAP master data governance including chart of accounts
- Support the project to implement a new financial reporting system including taking a lead role in the group consolidation module implementation
- Coordinate deliverables for the group audit
- Work closely with the tax team on quarterly tax reporting including preparing the quarterly group tax forecast, posting top level tax adjustments and completion of tax packages within the group reporting tool
- Preparation of other tax related information for annual reporting and ad-hoc requests
- Prepare statutory financial statements for seven entities under FRS101
- Coordinate deliverables for the statutory audit
What we’re looking for:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years PQE in a multi-currency consolidation role
- Proven track record of similar roles/tasks in industry
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Experience of IFRS
- Finance systems literate
- Knowledge of SAP desired
- Advanced excel skills essential
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good organisational ability, pro-active and self-motivated
- Strong appetite for change and an interest in continuous process improvement including leveraging systems
- Good communicator (both written & verbal) with the personal credibility and ability to build effective relationships with staff up to senior management level within both Finance and non-Finance functions.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.