Game Design Intern
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Game Design Intern
San Diego, CA
- You will help design and develop MLB THE SHOW's feature set.
- You will identify what users yearn for, and turn it into truly innovative game features
- You will seek out the best ideas, regardless of where they come from, and make them real
- You will do what needs to be done to get features in the game and up to our standard of quality
- You will assist the entire design team by identifying and crafting techniques, structures and tools used to guide the evolution of game design within the studio
- Existing experience with shipping games (individual, previous internships, class projects where the game shipped or was published are acceptable)
- A clear interest specifically in Games and Game Design (over game art and game coding)
- Design prototyping skills
- Quality written communication skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts
- Logical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a collaborative spirit
- A good work ethic
- Ability to think outside yourself and into the shoes of your varying demographics
- A deep understanding of competitive products and various gameplay genres, and a personal understanding of video game fun
- Interest in the sport of baseball and a willingness to live and breathe it
- Major related to any of the following: Interactive Media/Video Games, Computer Science, Economics/Finance, Engineering/Math, Sports Management
- Experience in game or software development, especially UI/UX
- Strong math and organizational skills
- A deep understanding of sports management, specifically nuanced management rules
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages and code (eg, XML, C++, Ruby)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.