PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II, Front-End
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for web application development? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? Do you want to be at the center of customer facing web initiatives with millions of daily users? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in creating rich, user-friendly commerce applications for our passionate gamers.
Our established team in San Francisco, CA is currently looking for a Software Engineer to help lead our team. We apply modern web technologies and methodologies to create a best in class commerce experience. The ideal candidate will come from an object-oriented development background, be passionate about front end web technologies.
We employ Agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, to collaborate with PlayStation Engineering teams in California, Japan, and Europe and to say “I work for PlayStation”.
- Work with Product Owners and Product Managers to understand feature requirements, determine technical requirements, and develop new features in PlayStation web applications
- Passionate about Quality and strives to improve processes, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage within the teams
- Write unit tests and component tests for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevent regressions in the product code.
- Work quickly and productively in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment
- Work with other team members by reviewing and giving feedback on pull requests and design plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or at least three years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ambitious with an ability to take initiative
- A passion for robust sustainable code
- Experience with React and/or Ember
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Docker
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.