Experimentation Data Scientist (Product Analytics/Strategic Insights)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- Execute advanced analytics and statistical modeling projects related to platform engagement, customer segmentation and buying behavior analysis, customer retention analysis, e-commerce store management and performance, etc.
- Model and execute on concurrent Product A/B tests
- Demonstrate leadership through controlled experimentation design, causal inference, and advanced statistical analysis to measure the incremental impact of engagement programs which are key drivers of customer growth and retention
- Partner across Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to evolve our measurement approach. Build a joint vision with partner teams to ensure alignment of experiment strategy, roadmaps and deliver concrete results.
- Work with data engineers to craft and automate data pipelines to scale experimentation and user analytics.
- Utilize linear/logistic regression, as well as decision trees, propensity score matching, and clustering to study customer behavior
- Independently extract and integrate data from multiple data systems (including writing complex SQL queries) to support analytical efforts.
- Develop understanding of a la carte and subscription-based business models.
- Provide detailed monthly and quarterly financial overviews to management. Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
- Provide thought-leadership in ongoing financial measurement and analysis of SIE’s services. Identify new insights and opportunities for analytic projects
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and relevant gaming titles
- 4+ years of advanced SQL programming skills required
- 4+ years of experience using statistical packages (R or Python) for model development
- 4+ years’ work experience using data to conduct advanced experiments
- Relevant work and research experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, experiment design, hypothesis testing, sampling methods.
- Business model development and forecasting abilities
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a business intelligence role, marketing analysis, business and/or financial management tasks for commercial organizations, preferably within the e-commerce space
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, or Engineering preferred. BA/BS Degree (Mathematics, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science) is a minimum requirement
- In-depth understanding and experience using supervised and non-supervised learning techniques like linear/logistic regression, clustering, decision trees, association analysis. Proficient in model validation methods such as cross validation, bootstrapping, and out-of-sample testing
- Experience with standard BI Tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Professional user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) in order to prepare all documents, presentations, tables, briefings, and worksheets. Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the PlayStation Network