(Closed) E-Commerce Commercial Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: E-Commerce Commercial Manager
The PlayStation Store & Services (PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now) businesses have continued to deliver substantial growth and represents a significant proportion of Sony Interactive Entertainment’s overall revenue.
It is also evolving rapidly towards new business models alongside dynamic changes in the Games industry, including the US launch of PlayStation Direct, a direct to consumer business, in September 2019. As a part of this evolution, we are looking to build on the successful US launch by extending PlayStation Direct into Europe. We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in working at the forefront of online retail experiences aimed at exceeding the expectations of the gaming community.
This role will partner with other functional leaders globally to build and scale the PlayStation European Direct-To-Consumer business by leading PlayStation Direct storefront commercial activities.
We’re looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of the gaming industry. The candidate will need to be flexible and open to evolving roles and responsibilities aligned to the changing needs of this business unit as it grows and expands.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a small Commercial team in charge of the planning and execution of day-to-day D2C commerce operations, including but not limited to, forecasting & demand planning, inventory management and capacity planning, pricing management and promotional activities
- Define, prioritize and manage pricing policy and operations for physical goods and digital items available on the D2C storefront, such as PlayStation hardware, software, peripherals and subscriptions
- Create strong consumer focused propositions and product lifecycle roadmaps supported by optimal promotional strategies/tactics to drive sales revenue and profit outcomes whilst demonstrating appropriate inventory management / stock turn and driving both attach rates and profit outcomes.
- Identify promotional opportunities via data-driven insights and develop go-to-market plans in partnership with Marketing
- Build collaborative, progressive relationship with the EBO Commercial Planning organization to ensure the Direct business and associated opportunities are fully understood by the wider business and commercial opportunities are optimized
- Lead cross-functional operations, such as designing and implementing business processes & procedures for all commercial topics within a global framework
- Collaborate with the Product team on developing new pricing and promotional capabilities to create unique customer propositions, such as exclusive discounts, personalized offers, bundling, etc.
- Work closely with all D2C business stakeholders to define and implement a cohesive submission pipeline and tools that streamline global pricing and promotional activities
- Some domestic and/or international travel may be required
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in ecommerce, preferably for a retailer of consumer electronics, video games, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in growing a successful ecommerce business with experience in both strategy development and operational execution
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Exceptional leader and collaborative team player in a highly agile and fast-paced environment
- Ability and desire to create strong relationships and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Extensive track record of using data to influence and inform decisions
- Operational experience in Supply Chain platforms, commerce tools and promotional engines, preferably SAP S/4HANA and SAP Commerce Cloud
- Flexibility in working hours to support global business operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.