Director, Games and Services Optimisation
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. With this, we are creating a Global Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) team who will be responsible for driving the value proposition of the PlayStation Store.
This is a pivotal role that will play an integral part to the Conversion Rate Optimisation team strategy within CRO and will support the team in their efforts to create a data driven decision culture within the business and pro-actively search for improvement opportunities within the Games and Services categories. Creating a class-leading store experience using data and insight to inform your decision making and to help prioritize and manage delivery of key commercial priorities.
As the leader of this team, this individual will drive the transformation from traditional merchandising approaches to one based on data and insight. This individual will need to bring best practice methods for extrapolating and interpreting this data to make better informed decisions on future strategies. The role will oversee a team of 16 across three different regions so they will need to think and operate globally.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading a team of 16+ global optimisation specialists for the games and services category
- Inspire, motivate and develop the global CRO team to achieve outstanding performance
- Optimise defined areas of the digital storefronts to deliver against commercial performance and achieve channel KPI targets, above all store conversion.
- Evangelise a deeper, more data-driven approach with senior executives and key partners.
- Working with the CM/CLM teams to optimise the product release and promotional schedule for defined key markets, addressing budget risks and opportunities.
- Lead the evolution and alignment on future content strategy between Store and Services.
- Work with Product Managers to shape, conceive & develop the proprietary CRO technology.
- Continue to find new optimal ways of working and ensure everyone is working to the same global single market model.
- Work with Marketing and Creative services team to align on plans and share results.
What We Are Looking For
- Retail / ecommerce background
- Experienced, creative, open minded leader who is adaptive to change and can communicate strategic direction with passion and clarity.
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels. Above all, able to show capability of building a team of superstars who consistently smash their goals.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of leading CRO best practice where data, analytics and conversion funnels are at the forefront of the business.
- Highly analytical and data focused with an ability to interpret large amounts of data with consistent track record of using data to influence and inform decisions.
- Proven ability to draw on many sources of insight and react quickly to new information, opinions and direction.
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of PlayStation Store and Services
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across different regions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision making and influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organisation.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- High levels of personal motivation
- Can work in unison and effectively collaborate with other business heads and peers in a complex, matrix-based organisation.
- Experience in a pressurized environment, setting and achieving tight timelines that must be delivered on time and on budget.
- A good attention to detail and a pragmatic approach to problem resolution
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours.
- Commercially minded and focused on outcomes and revenue. The PlayStation Store is a significant revenue generator for the group and so ROI is key.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.