PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
PlayStation would like to add a Data Scientist to its global research team. Here, you would assist us in developing groundbreaking technology for the PlayStation platform. We would use your expertise in Machine Learning and Data Analytics to develop machine and/or deep learning models that analyze large datasets. Our goal is to improve the gaming experience for millions of gamers around the world. If this is you, please apply!
If you are a creative person that loves to build new prototypes and showcasing new technologies and capabilities in a lively and encouraging environment, PlayStation research is the place for you!
- Familiarity and understanding of state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms
- Experience using machine learning framework, such as PyTorch/Tensorflow/Scikit Learn
- Ability to clean and transform data for analysis
- Proficiency in Python
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Graduate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or related field
- Computer programming language such as C, C++, or Java
- Experience with time-series data analysis
- Experience with Datastores such as relational database management systems or no-SQL databases
- Real-life experience in applying machine learning/deep learning algorithms
- Personal experience with gaming or gaming industry (such as eSports)
- Familiarity with Web technology
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.