Are you an experienced developer with a passion for games? Are you a baseball fan? Would you enjoy supporting the development efforts of games used by passionate loyalists around the world? Does a career opportunity influencing the most successful gaming platform of all time interest you?
We seek a Data Engineer to provide insights and analysis of gameplay and user behavior. Here, you will ensure necessary data is being recorded, validate and maintain a large data pipeline, mine large quantities of data, and build new data infrastructures as needed. You would be tasked to deliver actionable insights used to grow our studio culture. If this is you, please apply!
- Develop efficient and easy to read code primarily using cloud based services
- Partition and bucket large datasets for quick access
- Help scale and maintain AWS infrastructure to account for growing volume of data
- Develop highly efficient systems to retrieve, maintain and analyze in game and customer data
- Work with Data Scientists to automate and optimize code to production quality
- Perform ETL tasks and maintenance
- Maintain and test data integrity to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Define and iterate on development of analytics infrastructure for pre-production and post-production titles
- Min. 2 years’ experience with large complex data sets
- Professional experience working with Python and SQL
- Big Data Experience working in AWS (ex: Glue, S3, Athena) or Azure
- Professional level interpersonal and communication skill (email, phone, face to face)
- Ability to turn difficult and complex problems into elegant and efficient solutions
- A multi-functional teammate
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Command-line experience
- Knowledge of Data Science packages for cloud machine learning platforms
- Database management experience
- Programming in C#, C++, or other object-oriented language
- Experience validating data emission from a live product
- Understand the rules of the sport of baseball
- Passion for video games
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.