PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony PlayStation is seeking a Creative Strategist to join the Corporate Strategy team to help define the future of the gaming industry. The Corporate Strategy team is responsible for mid-to-long term strategy and works with our leaders to build strategic analyses and develop relevant insights to guide our executives. You will work across the entire organization to understand all aspects of PlayStation and work with the team to bring your project from ideation to the finish line where you will present your recommendations. This role is a unique position to shine by using your creative power to help others communicate their best in our strategic executive outputs.
- Collaborates with internal strategy teams to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message.
- Crafts original visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way.
- Delivers unique solves to complex problems through motion and cinematic storytelling.
- Excels in information display and is able to use advanced conceptual skills to build innovative graphics.
- Messaging & design support for the Corporate Strategy teams
- Lead creation of executive ready outputs that balance inspiration and insight
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience building charts, maps, and/or reports using tools such as Excel and Tableau; you know a good-looking report from a bad one
- Outstanding PowerPoint presentation skills
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite software (especially Photoshop and Illustrator), and After Effects
- Expert in synthesizing sophisticated information into simple executive ready highlights
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and strong work ethic and ability to handle confidentiality
- A clear passion for content, media, entertainment, technology and / or gaming
- Deep knowledge of online communities, PlayStation and the gaming ecosystem
- Experience in copywriting is a plus
A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.