Corporate Strategy Analyst
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Corporate Strategy Analyst
San Mateo, CA (open to remote)
Sony PlayStation is seeking a Strategy Analyst to join the Corporate Strategy team to help define the future of the gaming industry. The Corporate Strategy team is responsible for mid-to-long term strategy and works with our leaders to build strategic analyses and develop relevant insights to guide our executives. You will work across the entire organization to understand all aspects of PlayStation and work with the team to bring your project from conceptualization to the finish line where you will present your recommendations. This role is a unique opportunity to strengthen our business strategies with valuable analysis, data and consumer insights.
- support and lead projects initiated under Corporate Strategy & Development
- Coordinate and build executive level strategy presentation documents, also including applicable strategic frameworks
- Perform market research, including market data collection, aggregation, and analysis
- Provide executive level informative summaries and implications analysis for industry news and events
- Build financial, managerial, operational, predictive, and statistical models
- Provide data and data driven analysis by performing database queries and working with internal data and analytics teams
- Build and maintain relationships with research and consulting firms for reports, analysis, and data acquisition
- Engage with functional leads throughout the origination to research and support projects; lead and contribute to cross functional teams
- Engage with banks, business partners, and industry participants
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the interactive entertainment industry, including but not limited to the industry value chain, competitive landscape, technologies, business models, game content, and industry trends
- 2+ years of strategic planning, consulting, or investment banking experience
- Experience performing research and data analysis to develop business strategy and plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and executive presence
- Ability to query data and strong data analysis skills
- Ability to multitask, lead multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure to meet fixed deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple cultures and to tailor work style and messaging to collaborate optimally across globally distributed teams
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- BA required, MBA strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of online communities, PlayStation and the gaming ecosystem
- Tech or gaming experience is a Plus
- SQL, Tableau and MicroStrategy skills are a plus
A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.