Content Partnerships Manager
Why work when you can play?
PlayStation Network is a one-stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, Music, and Apps.
As a Content Partnerships Associate/Manager, you will be a vital part of the Content Partnerships Team. Based in Los Angeles, this team is responsible for developing and growing key accounts for media partners worldwide. In this role, you will work very closely with deal, marketing and content planning teams to develop, plan and execute robust content strategies in line with business goals.
How You Will Spend Your Time
- Develop and maintain strong direct relationships with media partners to discuss strategies for account growth in order to maximize business performance on a quarterly basis
- Manage day-to-day partnership activities, working closely with internal teams (content planning, marketing, and operations) to implement ongoing marketing/promotional activities, resolve content deliveries issues, and strategize on business growth opportunities
- Analyze title availability and select content to deliver on the content strategy, working primarily with content planning and operations teams, among others
- Evaluate weekly performance data to effectively manage content lifecycle with a strong understanding of business terms and conditions in assigned partner’s contracts
- Highlight titles to content planning and marketing teams for promotion and/or exposure on platform based on data-driven research, an active understanding of partners’ marketing support, and market activities/trends
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop local content strategies that align with the global content strategy framework while maintaining contractual obligations
- Participate in regular content slate reviews with partners to identify tent-pole titles for PlayStation’s audience, incorporating cross-category opportunities where available
- Negotiate and/or facilitate promotional activities with partners, including but not limited to, discounted pricing and unique incentives in conjunction with the marketing and content planning teams
- Manage implementation of key content initiatives, working with partners and internal cross-functional teams to facilitate implementation
- Develop and maintain competitive information on the local markets including product offerings, strengths/weaknesses, and current news and trends
- 3 + years of previous experience in a digital video distribution environment (TVOD, SVOD or AVOD) is required
- Highly analytical with deep knowledge of MS Excel, comfortable with detailed data analyses
- Demonstrates leadership skills and confidence in managing strategic partnerships
- Proficient at multi-tasking in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Team player, detail-oriented, highly organized, proactive and able to work independently
- Comfortable working with content management systems
- Self-motivated with a collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and strong desire for team’s success in a highly competitive industry
- Masters in relevant field, a plus
- Experience working in partner facing relationship management role focused on video content sales, licensing and/or distribution
- Knowledge of and passion for media, entertainment and technology industries (including key players, growth trends and drivers, new media models, industry structure, etc.)
- Familiarity with PlayStation’s gaming platform and digital services offered
- Experience working in a national or global company
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.