Baseball Test Analyst
Baseball Test Analyst
at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
San Diego, CA
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services. The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary. The duration of the assignment cannot exceed 12 months.
This is an entry level role and great for a recent grad!
Game Testers at PlayStation for The Show are responsible for finding and replicating bugs/glitches and accurately reporting them to the developers. The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven gamer and baseball fan who dreams of playing it first! We are looking for individuals that are analytical thinkers, problem solvers, have excellent grammar, and want to contribute their talents to The Show team to help craft an exceptional entertainment experience.
Quality Assurance is a great way to get into the Gaming Industry and possibly grow into other positions/fields.
The Baseball Test Analyst is expected to support the WWS QA department in all areas including:
- Executing test plans on pre-release versions of software
- Assessing product functionality against official SIE quality standards
- Research and documenting product defects and violations
- Logging issues for development team review in concise written report formats
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure quality and accuracy in online games and functionality
- Utilize baseball knowledge to provide feedback that will help to improve the title for ardent fans of Major League Baseball and The Show Franchise
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A strong passion for and knowledge of Major League Baseball
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?)
- Basic to intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality
- Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
- Flexible schedule
- 1+ years of previous QA experience in a related field
- 4 year college degree