PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Animator Intern to join our established, high performance team in San Diego, CA. Our ideal candidate is hardworking and passionate about this field.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
San Diego, CA
- Create, edit and implement motion capture data assign by the Lead Animator or mentor.
- Work with designers and programmers to implement and iterate on these motions to create compelling, entertaining, and visually appealing gameplay and/or cinematic events
- Learn and utilize custom tools and basic scripting
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Experience animating with motion capture.
- Some experience working on gameplay and/or interactive animation.
- Some experience animating realistic humans.
- Have a good sense of weight and timing in your animation performances.
- Possess an understanding of art tools and processes in 3d Animation and Motion Capture editing/cleanup.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a good knowledge of MotionBuilder.
- Knowledge of Maya a plus.
- Familiar with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, in-game 3D animation, pose blending, motion capture, and rigging.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.