PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
The Visual Arts Group, a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation’s studios all over the world. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams. Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
Our Animation team is currently working on one of PlayStation’s well-known and well-loved franchises. We are looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative animators to breathe life into the next chapter of cinematic storytelling.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
- Expert knowledge of Maya for animation, both aesthetically and technically
- Able to work within the toolset and workflow for keyframe and/or motion capture production.
- Create in-game and pre-rendered animation according to the direction of the client and project.
- Able to create body and facial animation for human characters, along with animation for creatures, vehicles, props, and other assets to be integrated into in-game engines and/or cinematic sequences.
- Deep understanding of character animation and movement.
- Capable of high quality, story-driven performance animation.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, management, production staff and peers on a daily basis.
- Understand, interpret and use feedback on all work from supervisors and clients alike to improve performances.
- Balance high expectations of performance with schedule and milestone requirements
- Contribute to a fun, creative, and collaborative atmosphere
- A strong team member, able to collaborate with a wide range of peers, leads, supervisors, producers, and management in an open working environment.
- Hands-on expertise in Maya.
- Keen understanding of animation production pipelines for character animation, motion capture animation, and technical animation.
- Must be a team player to work closely with multiple departments, including but not limited to members of Motion Capture, Rigging, Animation, Art, and Production teams.
- Possess strong aesthetics of character animation and movement.
- Ability to share work for feedback, and offer productive opinions while evaluating the work of others.
- Be open and available to creating a strong rapport with leads, supervisors, and technical artists to maintain and enhance data quality.
- Be flexible to changes in direction, yet work within defined procedures.
- Understanding of MotionBuilder.
- Strong pre-production skills including, but not limited to, thumbnailing, storyboarding, and animatics.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.