As Animation Programmer, you will play an important role in shaping the future of our next-gen animation system for our next big title. You’ll be working in the animation engine and support delivery of animation systems for use by other game teams. You will work closely with people from different departments such as Animation, AI and Gameplay to implement the tools and systems they need to realise the vision and quality of our games, and you will be a key member involved with researching and implementing the required technologies to achieve this goal.
WHAT YOU WILL DO/YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will work in our tech animation team developing our new next-gen animation engine.
- You will be working on systems such as: animation networks, state machines, IK, locomotion and interfacing with game AI among others.
- You will work closely with animators and gameplay programmers.
- You will troubleshoot animation related issues throughout the team.
- You will coordinate with animators, technical animators and programmers to increase the quality and realism of animations and their underlying systems
- You will develop animation frameworks that interface with physics and characters
- You will help develop innovative solutions for difficult animation problems
- You will help educate and support other teams to correctly and efficiently use animation systems.
- You will use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximise efficiency (for both development time and runtime performance).
WHO YOU ARE/YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Solid programming C/C++ skills and knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Solid 3D math skills.
- At least one shipped game in a programmer role, ideally at AAA standard.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A genuine interest in animation technology.
- Experience in optimisation and performance analysis.
- A passion for making games.
We are absolutely committed to promoting and increasing diversity across the studio, welcoming applications from groups who are underrepresented in the games industry.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage all candidates to respond.