(Closed) Analytics Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
SIE is looking for a talented Analytics Engineer to join a highly successful and growing development team. You will be part of a team focused on multiple strategic projects at PlayStation, working closely with globally distributed teams to deliver insights and value at scale across the organization.
This role's primary responsibility will be on the implementation of data engineering pipelines, visualization design and collaboration/solutioning across these projects.
This role is based in our San Diego office and will fit into a highly skilled global team while working with limited direct supervision.
- Translate requirements and collaborate globally to develop across both database and business intelligence platforms.
- Designing performant data visualizations across multiple delivery points across the whole enterprise architecture.
- Co-developing the data architecture/pipeline analysis, design, and build effort.
- Designing and optimizing any embedded content requirements across the enterprise architecture.
- 1+ years of creating business intelligence visualizations across multiple technology vendors; (e.g. Domo, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, etc.).
- Domo would be advantageous.
- Passion for turning complex data into UX focused, intuitive and performant visualizations.
- Basic understanding of SQL principles and willingness to learn database technologies: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. Snowflake, Redshift, Netezza, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB).
- Experience with or exposure to working with large data sets, data architecture, complex data pipelines, management and governance.
- Experience with or exposure to scripting and big data technologies (Java, Python, R, etc.)
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes.
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success.
- Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to skillfully communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of complex software systems
- Some international travel may be required (e.g. UK, Japan).
- Domo development experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to guide an audience through clear, concise communication and decision making.
- Experience working in web analytics or a related field.
- Experience with statistical methodologies.
- Exposure to Data Science, Data Modeling and analytics.
- Experience of integrating API frameworks into wider solutions.
- Experience of extending core platform functionality using the SDK or API framework.
- Japanese language proficiency and working experience are strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.