3D Scan Artist
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts Group (PSSVA) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies. For over two decades we have shared knowledge, support and ground breaking techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
If you are a 3D artist looking to join a talented team in a role that will allow you to learn and grow, we want to hear from you! As a 3D Scan Artist you will be using scan data to generate high quality art assets using your skills such as remeshing, sculpting, and texturing.
If you’ve been working with 4D scans we want to hear from you as soon as possible!
- Use modeling and texturing ability to create photorealistic assets.
- Build, edit, and retoplogize 3d scan data.
- Sculpting in Zbrush to generate high resolution meshes.
- Creating textures using Photoshop and Zbrush/Mudbox/Mari.
- Work with production to follow schedules and deliver assets on time.
- Work with leads to ensure high level of quality.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Proficient in Zbrush, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Portfolio should show quality and ability to hit a photorealistic and believable look.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and surface properties.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies.
- Can to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Thrives working in a team environment.
- Experience using scan data and knowledge of photogrammetry.
- Previous console experience with a shipped title.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Experience with blendshapes.