People Operations Manager
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
As our People Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing our most valuable asset - our people. This opportunity calls for an innovative HR generalist and culture champion to work alongside our business leaders to develop a high-performing workplace.
In this role, you’ll create and manage a wide variety of people programs and initiatives to drive engagement throughout all aspects of the employee experience and enable our teams to do their best work. We’re seeking a true people operations expert, with proven success in a growing company, to strategically evolve our performance development, feedback and recognition, benefits and compensation and employee engagement programs. As an ambassador for PlayQ culture, you’ll work closely with a variety of people across all departments and be the 'go to' person for building a great place to work.
This is an ideal position for a professional who genuinely loves connecting with people and strives to consistently deliver impactful results within a high-energy, can-do culture. If you’re passionate about creating a meaningful work experience for our team, we’d love to hear from you!
- Develop a deep understanding of what contributes to our team’s current and future success and work with senior leaders to build and adopt the necessary people programs to support our continued growth
- Create and lead highly effective training programs to support the successful adoption of new people initiatives within the organization
- Establish opportunities for meaningful team engagement by reimagining current company events, activities and daily interactions
- Be a trusted and reliable resource for our team by effectively troubleshooting both people and operational issues
- Oversee benefits administration, annual open enrollment, HR compliance and other miscellaneous HR processes
- Own all aspects of employee onboarding and offboarding operations
- Take a data driven approach to guide strategic decisions within the People Operations function (i.e. engagement survey results, retention/turnover stats, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of HR/People Operations experience in a startup and/or mid-size organization
- Warm, positive, personable with a genuine interest in people. You set the tone and tend to attract people to you
- Experience successfully identifying, implementing and adopting people programs and initiatives
- Strong understanding of the importance of company culture and the responsibility to help create and evolve it
- Well versed in drafting effective and engaging company wide communication
- Ability to establish strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality when working with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strikingly unique balance of excellent communication and time management skills coupled with an extreme attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Effective presentation skills and experience leading training programs
- Very comfortable with technology (think Slack, Atlassian, Trello and Excel)
- Experience using various HR tools such as Zenefits, 15Five and Greenhouse
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!