Principal Tools Enginner
Playground Games is looking for a Principal Tools Engineer to join our brand new open world action / RPG development team. You will join the team and project at an early stage, giving you the rare opportunity to shape the technology used to build a large-scale AAA title.
As a Principal Tools Engineer you will help set the technical direction for the team. You will work with other disciplines to ensure delivery and maintenance of a powerful and efficient toolset that meets the needs of the development team.
You are driven by a passion for software engineering, as well as motivating and mentoring others to deliver high quality, innovative solutions. You'll work closely with internal and external stakeholders, so your ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively is vital. You are highly motivated and approachable, with a strong desire to push the boundaries of technology.
- Relevant industry experience working with current-gen hardware
- A proven track record of successful planning and delivery
- A strong ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a customer-focused mindset
- A strong ability to balance quality with efficiency while working under tight deadlines
- Expert C# and software architecture skills
- A passion for games
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a new team within one of the world's leading games studios. It provides exciting new challenges for experienced developers looking to further their career and create world class games.