Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android, including the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals. Our personality is to be innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture of success.
Golf Clash has been entertaining millions of players for over 5 years and our goal is to continue providing exciting new features and content to our fans for many more years to come. If you want to create games for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the job you've been looking for! We are committed to constantly improving our working practices and collective knowledge through training and supporting each other.
As a Technical Games Artist, you'll join the talented, multi-disciplinary Golf Clash team to help with the continuing development of this industry-leading, hit mobile game. You'll work with the Lead Artist and the Engine team to design and implement new features and tools and processes into our in-house game development framework, known as the Ideas Engine.
- Build tools to improve the pipeline for asset creation, both in-engine and in 3D software packages.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve workflow processes by scripting solutions to common problems.
- Work on tools with the Engine team to develop better processes and pipelines, and build new engine features.
- Portfolio demonstrating technical art skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability in one or more scripting languages such as C#, Java, Maxscript, MELScript, Python or similar.
- An excellent understanding of 3D hierarchical/transformation concepts and tree structures.
- Experience with 3DS Max/Maya or equivalent 3D software.
- Previous games industry experience.
- Detailed understanding of shaders (HLSL), lighting, and physically-based rendering.
- Artistic ability, with a good eye for detail.
- Adobe Photoshop skill.
- Understanding of the use and implementation of visual effects and particle systems.
- Experience with technical animation and rigging processes.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.