At Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., we are looking for a highly motivated Designer to join our team working on the award-winning, smash hit mobile game, Golf Clash. You will be joining an experienced, multi-disciplined team working toward regular content releases with immovable deadlines, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
In this role, we are seeking a designer with experience in delivering live ops as part of a commercial roadmap. This will require a balance of analytical, creative and commercial decision-making skills to keep delivering engaging content for our players and excellent results for the business.
Working closely with 2D/3D Artists, Business Analysts and the rest of the design team you will be responsible for creating fun and engaging events such as Offers and Tournaments from initial concept through to implementation and testing. You will have a keen eye for detail, expert knowledge of F2P game systems and an understanding of how decisions impact on KPI’s.
Examples of relevant core skills & experience that will help you get this role:
- Experience of supporting games, with a significant user base, through maintenance, new feature deployment and live operations.
- Portfolio of F2P feature and systems design.
- Great communicator with strong copy writing skills and a marketing mind-set.
- Knowledge of the top mobile games in the market and what makes them successful.
- Strong Excel experience, especially in relation to modelling and balancing game systems.
- Knowledge of the game development process and lifecycle.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of game development tools.
Other things that will help to have:
- Keen interest in mobile games, with an understanding of the free-to-play genre.
- Experience of working on a team operating a free-to-play game (mobile or otherwise).
- Educated to degree level in a game design related subject, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working on a live game, managing an active userbase and live operations.
- An appetite for learning and a desire to continually improve your design skills.
- An eye for efficiency to improve workflow in the level-design process.
- Passionate Gamer.
Playdemic wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
What We Can Offer You
At Playdemic, we know that the only way to make world-class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We’ve recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings. Here some of the amazing features we’ve added to this space:
- Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces
- Interesting and varied meeting spaces
- Height adjustable desks throughout
- State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work
- One of the fanciest coffee machines you’ve ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages
- We have even installed a beer tap!
On top of a very competitive salary, we also offer some of the following amazing benefits:
- Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world's largest media companies
- Regular health, wellbeing and social events
- Comprehensive Bonus Package
- Generous Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on products
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we’re looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision-making that creates a shared culture of success.