Senior 3D Artist
We’re Playdead, an independent game company based in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a 3rd-person science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe.
We are seeking a Senior 3D Artist with a strong portfolio of modelling, sculpting and texturing work. Your responsibility as our new colleague will be in designing, modelling and texturing assets for a third-person, open-world game. You will work in coordination with the other artists on the team, as well as having some responsibility for guiding junior artists. We are particularly looking for a candidate who enjoys setting their own goals and taking responsibility for their own schedule.
We are a close-knit group of developers, and working within that group requires an ability to adapt to the existing visual style and methods while contributing your own ideas to the whole. More than anything, we are looking for someone who is excited about all facets of game development, as well as being passionate about gaming overall.
Keywords for position
- Artistic design, 3D, modelling, texturing, sculpting, iteration.
- This role is located at the Playdead office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
What will you be doing?
- 3D modelling and texturing of a variety of assets for a large 3D, open-world environment.
- Sculpting models in zBrush or similar tools.
- Collaborating with other artists and designers to support level design and construction.
If you wish to apply, please consider the following general requirements
- 4+ years of experience within a 3D game production is essential.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates a level of mastery in 3D art and design.
- Experience with zBrush or equivalent is a must.
- Experience with 3D packages such as Maya, Modo, etc. and a willingness to learn new tools.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects.
- Familiarity major game engines.
- Experience with Substance Designer / Painter.
Who We Are
We are a team of 50 creative professionals. We experiment and collaborate with a focus on creating new experiences, and as such we are looking for people who can help us achieve them.
Our approach to development does not include crunching towards arbitrary deadlines - instead, we particularly look for talented people who enjoy managing their own schedule and thrive on working within a friendly, collaborative environment.
We love to make carefully crafted games with an obsessive attention to detail and are always on the lookout for others who share that passion. Come help us create unique game experiences.