Experienced Level Artist
We are Playdead, an independent game company based in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a 3rd-person science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe.
We are seeking an experienced Level Designer with strong artistic skills to join our team in Copenhagen. As our process is very visually driven, we expect level designers to have a strong eye for visual composition and broad experience in the creation of 3D environments.
Your responsibility as our new colleague will be in designing, blocking out, and in some cases modelling locations for a third-person, open-world game. You will work in coordination with the other designers and artists on the team. We are particularly looking for a candidate who enjoys setting their own goals and taking responsibility for their own schedule.
We are a close-knit group of developers, and working within that group requires an ability to adapt to the existing visual style and methods while contributing your own ideas to the whole. More than anything, we are looking for someone who is excited about all facets of game development, as well as being passionate about gaming overall.
Keywords for position
- Level design, composition, 3D, modelling, iteration.
- This role is located at the Playdead office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
What will you be doing?
- Worldbuilding, level layout, terrain sculpting, and set dressing using 3D assets to produce believable locations within a large, open world.
- Collaborating with other artists and designers to support level design and construction.
If you wish to apply, please consider the following general requirements
- 2+ years of experience within a 3D game production is essential.
- A link to an online portfolio of previous work.
- Experience with a game engine such as Unity, Unreal, etc. is a must.
- Experience with 3D packages such as Maya, Modo, etc. is a strong advantage.
- Experience with world creation tools such as World Machine, Quadspinner Gaea, or similar a plus.
Who We Are
We are a team of 50 creative professionals. We experiment and collaborate with a focus on creating new experiences, and as such we are looking for people who can help us achieve them.
Our approach to development does not include crunching towards arbitrary deadlines - instead, we particularly look for talented people who enjoy managing their own schedule and thrive on working within a friendly, collaborative environment.
We love to make carefully crafted games with obsessive attention to detail and are always on the lookout for others who share that passion.