Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
The Marketing Artist role at Playco is pretty unique compared to other companies. We work on a wide variety of projects with varying styles and game mechanics. You’ll be able to explore different genres and learn new techniques. An ideal candidate can take ownership over the marketing for a game and do whatever it takes to create ads that clearly stand out from the pack. At the same time they will be collaborating with their fellow artists to make sure they are aligned with the high standards we strive for. There is a lot of opportunity to grow into a leadership role in this position, so having previous experience in this area is something we look for.
What you'll be doing
- Develop beautiful, fun ad experiences, and associated marketing and promotional initiatives with creative design.
- Interpret marketing reports to make new creatives that can top performance of existing ones.
- Work across multiple styles, using existing game art and original illustrations and animations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the marketing team to generate out of the box ideas that will push our marketing art to the new heights!
- 2+ years industry experience in mobile, social, or free2play games.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Respond well to artistic direction but get the work done with minimal supervision.
- Manage responsibilities across multiple projects.
- Great concept art skills with an eye for composition and color.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of Flash, After Effects and/or 3D modeling software is a huge plus!
- Excellent teamwork skills. Responds well to feedback but gets the work done with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent communication skills; ability to be proactive and assertive in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to understand, internalize, and communicate high-level objectives to team members and reports.
- Ability to iterate quickly and adhere to a production schedule.
- Style versatility is a must-have. We work on a range of games whose style can vary from cute and casual to hardcore and realistic.
- Motivated, driven, and excited about design and game art.