Head of Corporate Development
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About the Role
The Head of Corporate Development will be responsible for all aspects of strategic acquisitions and corporate investments. This individual will collaborate with executive management to develop segment and/or market strategies and define the role of investments and acquisitions. They will play a prominent role in shaping the future of one of the most exciting companies in the gaming industry.
- Assumes full accountability for all M&A and Investment activities :
- Implements M&A strategy that aligns to overall corporate strategy.
- Develops and designs potential M&A criteria/rigor to review potential acquisitions, ensures that criteria/rigor selects appropriate acquisition targets that are in alignment with company goals.
- Conducts financial modeling of structures, business plans and commercial arrangements.
- Prepares and presents opportunities for review by executive management.
- Leads due diligence process and structuring on potential acquisitions.
- Demonstrates proven success involving commercial due diligence or corporate strategy roles within the gaming sector.
- Proven deep subject matter expertise in various aspects of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions.
- Leading teams to assist with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and international expansion; and market opportunity sizing.
- Directing and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, financials).
- Demonstrates proven experience in the leadership of project management work streams and development of proposals, deliverables and reports.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related degree required.
- 8+ years’ experience in Finance, Corporate Development or related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven success in M&A from a company perspective.
- 5+ years experience in the gaming industry.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility in working hours due to time zone constraints in a Global company.
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive teamwork environment.
- Managing and delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking.
- Developing a business vision while functioning as a trusted advisor at the highest levels.
- Communicating complex material effectively in written and oral formats to various audiences.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.