Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you’ll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
Playco is on the hunt for Engineering Managers to help us build the services and infrastructure that power our social games that are played by millions of people every day on Facebook, Viber, Line and other messaging platforms. We are a growing distributed team that embraces remote work, and we also have offices in Mountain View and San Francisco, California, and Tokyo, Japan for people who prefer the office environment. If you want to join us to make great games on our cutting edge technology and truly make an impact, then we want to talk to you!
As an Engineering Manager at Playco, you will play a pivotal role in creating a platform to revolutionize the instant games development industry. You will lead a team of highly skilled engineers building the scalable, backend systems and high-performance, game-client services that power Playco’s games. Engineering managers at Playco are also very strong engineers and design, review and write code on a daily basis.
- Lead a team of highly skilled engineers to deliver polished features on a consistent basis in a high pace environment. We deploy code multiple times a day to millions of users across the world.
- Manage the development and deployment processes - make sure that the features are shipped optimally and product stays healthy once they hit production.
- Ensure our gaming services are performant, reliable and efficient. Our services must scale to millions of users.
- Design, review and write code -- this is a hands-on engineering role and you will be directly involved in the design and development of new features, writing and reviewing code.
- Provide mentorship and feedback to teammates to make your team the best version of itself. Motivate and encourage everyone to give their best work.
- Collaborate with other leaders around the company to prioritize and execute against technology needs across game teams.
- Report to the head of our core technology engineering group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience managing a team of engineers.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment.
- Attention to detail - any code that makes it into the product will affect millions of users immediately.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Self starter, analytical and creative.
- Solid familiarity with analytics and A/B testing in mobile games.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production.
- Familiarity with git, svn or other VCS.
- We are a growing distributed team that embraces remote work. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and multiple time zones.
- Expert knowledge of NodeJS and TypeScript.
- Experience in game development, gaming services and shipped titles.