Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
We are looking for passionate and highly creative Community Managers to help connect over 1 billion gamers worldwide!
The Community Manager will focus on offering our players a variety of programs, online events and contests/promotions. With a focus always on retaining and growing the instant gamer community, the Community Manager will be responsible for crafting public messaging, creating and implementing content for the official game sites and sharing the games’ social media presence.
This position requires close collaboration with the production and marketing teams, worldwide. Equally important, the Community Manager will share player sentiment with the product team to help understand player response to events and updates as well as to conceptualize future events and features.
- Leading community management for our instant games.
- Help define and maintain the community management strategy including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, analysis and outreach initiatives.
- In coordination with the product team, establish and maintain a community calendar of events that consists of daily, weekly and /or monthly events including contests, announcements, and holiday promotions.
- Seek proactive dialog with our players, inform, listen, know what they complain and enthuse about while constantly monitoring fan page posts and other communication media to identify common player issues and discussion patterns.
- Set goals for, track and report on community-related metrics ensuring upwards visibility as well as helping inform on metrics’ significance.
- Develop and manage relationships with influencers/moderators.
- Knowledge of casual, social and Facebook games.
- 3-5 yrs. of established online community management experience (preferably in the video game industry).
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills (prepare reports and analyze customers' trend and characteristics).
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities and customer service.
- An independent, responsible and highly organized way of working, a creative way to engage and solve challenges.
- Confidence in dealing with a heated atmosphere and challenging situations based on your excellent team player qualities. Not taking player complaints personally.
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms, systems and software.
- Have a strong secondary skill set (like creating user flows, using prototyping tools, art or programming).
- A desire to always be learning and improving yourself.