Senior Product Manager (Choices)
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We’re looking for a highly analytical and detail-oriented Senior Product Manager to help guide the development of Choices. This role will work closely with the Project Lead to shape the roadmap, build up documentation, and interpret data to ensure the project evolves in the right direction. An ideal candidate has multiple successful products in the freemium ecosystem, and has experience building and tuning marketplaces. He or she should have successfully optimized at least one live service via ad hoc analysis, KPI definition and monitoring, AB testing and economic balancing. Finally, he or she will have excellent communication, explanation and presentation skills, because being right without being convincing doesn’t help very much!
Our headquarters is in Mountain View, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: CA, OR, WA, and NV.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model (1 day/week in-office) will be in place once we resume on-site operations, currently scheduled for January 2022. 100% remote option will be available/reviewed on a case-by-case basis only.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management roles
- Shipped 2+ successful products
- Advanced SQL and Tableau skills
- Deep understanding of the freemium ecosystem
- Ability to communicate with everyone from developers to C-level stakeholders
- Mobile gaming or F2P mobile app experience
- Familiarity with F2P economics and data
- BA / BS or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in web apps
- Experience in e-commerce
- Advanced statistics knowledge / skill in stats scripting languages (R, Python)
- Data modeling and instrumentation skills
- Experience in (and love for) narrative or interactive fiction games
- Experience in (and love for) casual and/or female-focused mobile games
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.