Senior Art Producer
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a Senior Art Producer to assist the team in creating content for Choices: Stories You Play.
With frequent releases to coordinate across several interactive books, the Senior Art Producer should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced & creatively-driven environment. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, demonstrate clear understanding of the game development pipeline, can manage internal development requests and team members, foresee future needs, and develop art asset pipelines to scale, with a keen eye for artistic details.
Our headquarters is in Mountain View, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: CA, OR, WA, and NV.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model (1 day/week in-office) will be in place once we resume on-site operations, currently scheduled for January 2022.
- Report to the Senior Manager of Art Production and work closely with other content team members to help plan and schedule art production on Choices books
- Document and develop new processes to streamline our current art production processes
- Proactively help refine art production processes
- Foster healthy communication within the team and work to maintain our healthy company culture
- Collaborate with internal teams to help create outstanding books for Choices
- Balance quality, time, and resources to achieve quality books
- Support and mentor our junior art producers
- Comfortable with pushing back on unreasonable requests and/or deadlines
- 5+ years of experience in game development as an Art Producer or Art Outsourcing Coordinator
- At least 1 year of professional experience as a production artist working in video games
- Very proficient using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Years of experience using art project management platforms such as Shotgun or Basecamp
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of departments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Proactive and highly organized
- Critical thinking, calm under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on identifying and resolving conflicts
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.