Product Manager (Choices)
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a Product Manager who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and passionate to join the Choices: Stories You Play Client Team to help with the development of features. The ideal candidate will have great communication skills, strong analytical abilities, good knowledge of our industry, and a great team player.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are operating remotely at this time. Once we resume onsite operations, the position is expected to work out of Mountain View, CA.
- Define product requirements for new features and collaborate on implementation.
- Propose test plans, define instrumentation, oversee tests, and present results.
- Collaborate in defining the product roadmap, direction, and vision of the product.
- Own LiveOps messaging, message contents, and message testing.
- Perform competitor analysis, reporting out on new features and new trends.
- Be a great team player and support the team with a "no task too small" mindset.
- 2+ years of experience as a Producer or Product Manager.
- 1+ shipped title
- BA / BS or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical abilities, familiar with running A/B tests and able to help analyze results.
- Familiarity with various tools such as Jira, Asana, SQL, Tableau, etc.
- Great communication skills - able to communicate with a variety of departments including design, dev, QA, etc.
- Familiar with LiveOps best practices and experience with mobile games.
- Empathy for our player base, with a good grasp of the entertainment industry or interactive fiction to help drive product vision.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.