Your future is our future; we are a game development studio that is working at the edges of computer science: Graph Databases, Artificial intelligence, Microservice fabrics, Cutting-edge graphic engine pipeline support, and an internal vision that will revolutionize our industry. We are looking for rockstar talent to help us deliver our next phase of technology. It is very different from what you can currently find in the marketplace. Sure, we have a few ideas and a roadmap, but that is never enough! We need your thoughts and opinions … and we need you … to help us find that magical intersection between content and technology, where we can inspire the industry and the community to achieve something different. We are visualizing a future where you make an impact!
Some of us have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots. We love what we do and are looking for passionate people who want to grow, learn, inspire, mentor, and make an impact.
We are Pixelberry Studios, and we are a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. Yes, we’re a division of Nexon, one of the largest gaming companies in the world, and our studio is proud to have never launched a game that did not land in the App Store’s Top 25 Grossing chart. We would like to invite you to join us in the adventure that will become our shared future.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pixelberry is looking for an Engineering manager who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and passionate to join the team. You would be responsible for the development team delivering performant, well built, and stable features to players across the world. You would lead projects by overseeing the architecture, scope, implementation and their final delivery. Projects will span the full stack - from front-end client work in TypeScript and C++ to back-end AWS services in Python and Java. In addition to the technology, you would manage and mentor developers and be responsible for developing an exceptional team.
- Lead small, tight development teams in software development
- Contribute throughout the whole lifecycle of shipping fun, innovative features played by millions
- Oversee technical implementation
- Work with architects to deliver scalable products in AWS
- Research new technologies and create roadmaps for future capabilities
- Work closely with product and design to establish plans for the future
- BA in computer science or related fields (Or equivalent)
- Demonstrated passion for technology
- Skilled in multiple languages (JS, C#, C++,Java,Python)
- Understanding development Concepts (OOP, TDD, SOLID, GOF) and use these concept to mentor others
- Experienced with setting up and assembling AWS Features (S3, Lambda, EC2, Route 53, Cloudformation, etc.) into meaningful subsystems
- Demonstrated the ability to deliver medium features with minimal additional guidance
- Experience developing Prototypes and delivering metics on experiments
- Experience in managing external teams
- Experience in scripting such as Google App Scripts
- Experience in (and love for) narrative or interactive fiction games
- Experience in (and love for) casual and/or female-focused mobile games
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.