Pixel Toys is looking for a web-centric UX Designer to help us create a best-in-class web app and WebGL game. This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects’ development and work to push the limits of the latest web gaming technology.
You will play an integral role defining the UX execution and strategy for the web portal, while delivering on our product’s vision from concept through to completion. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the best web experience possible.
Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
- Spot areas where user research can be leveraged to inform future design decisions
- Work with User Researchers to deliver recurring user testing reports to the wider team
- Gain a deep understanding of our users
Delivery and Execution
- Experience of working in fast-paced Agile Sprints with multi-disciplinary teams and being able to take a pragmatic approach to meet tight deadlines, without compromising on quality
- Able to champion all design phases required to release successful digital products – from pre-production through to live-ops.
- Deep understanding of UX practices and methodologies
- Brilliant people skills and the proven ability to influence wide-ranging stakeholders, often with conflicting priorities, to define, design and deliver the best possible solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
- 2+ years of professional UX design experience
- A portfolio of high quality UX work shared as part of this application
- Proficient with market leading UX design tools such as Figma & Adobe XD
- Proficient with market leading UX prototyping tools such as Flinto, Protopie, Axure
- Evidence you are an avid gamer and passionate about all things video games
- Understanding and interest in the Crypto NFT market space
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with responsive web design standards, CSS grid system and screen breakpoints
- Keen eye for visual design (UI, typography, composition etc)
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & workouts; nutritionally balanced snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- Up to two days a week working from home
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- And a chance to shape, grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is a diverse, equal opportunities employer and believes strongly in maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We strive to provide an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and join in driving our joint success. Recruitment selection is based on skills, experience and a good Pixel Toys mission and values fit.