Senior Character Artist
Pixel Toys are looking for an experienced talented 3D Character Artist to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for mobile platforms. As one of the key members of the team you will be responsible for working with the creative leads and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment and add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.
As a candidate for the 3D Character role you will demonstrate that you have the ability to create stunning high-res and game-res characters using industry standard techniques. Consistency, clarity and flair are key and we expect to see this in your work throughout. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating great artwork.
- Working closely with the Project Lead Artists set art benchmarks, develop, document and maintain an appropriate style for assigned art specialism, uphold and deliver that style throughout production.
- Be an example for professional conduct, setting a high standard at all times with internal staff and external contacts.
- Maintain a positive, collaborative, proactive, problem solving attitude at all times
- Communicate to a high standard in written and spoken form, to all levels of the business.
- Drive, refine and document specialism best practise, working with the other disciplines to ensure standards and processes are reviewed regularly to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Own the art process and technical pipelines; from initial specifications, all the way through to final in-game implementation , ensuring that this is created, documented, implemented and maintained to high industry standards.
- Be aware of the wider industry developments ensuring we are using the latest techniques to create the highest quality and performance friendly assets.
- Clearly demonstrable understanding of the business needs for your specialism, ensuring that the balance of quality and cost is agreed and communicated clearly to project leads.
- Able to break down work and tasks from project lead briefings; can comfortably create and maintain tracking lists for own and art team members tasks.
- Working with the Project Leads and production staff to ensure all related tasks are correctly identified and logged.
- Ensure all assets produced are always backed up consistently using source control.
- Responsible for the creation of fantastic 3D character art assets for use in our multi-platform games in-line with the agreed art style guides.
- Ensure created art assets are optimised for use in our game engines, being particularly mindful of performance and memory constraints.
- Occasional concept artwork generation during pre-production phases.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent 3D and 2D skills, with particular focus on original exciting character work with a strong understanding in anatomy.
- Up to date and comprehensive knowledge of Autodesk Maya (or other relevant 3D content creation packages) and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with the opportunities and challenges of the mobile/console gaming sector and the emerging VR market.
- Show demonstrable ability to spread knowledge through mentoring junior staff and peers.
- Experience of game development in Unity.
- Ability with sculpting packages such as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Traditional concepting illustration visualisation solid art foundation.
- Knowledge of texture/material creation pipelines such as Substance or NDo/DDo.
- Active player of Mobile/VR games.
If you are interested and think you might have what it takes to create games like Freeblade, Drop Dead and Battlesister then drop us your details!
Why Apply To Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is an up and coming developer having grown from a 2 man team in 2012 to around 90 staff today, working on some of the most high profile and most downloaded titles in the mobile space today from our brand new offices in the centre of Leamington Spa. Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We'll give you the opportunity to :
- Work in a flexible creative environment
- help define the evolving studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices
- Help create the next big games in our portfolio as a studio