Pixel Toys are looking for a gameplay programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for mobile platforms. As one of the most important members of the team, you will be responsible for working with the creative leads and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.
As a candidate for this role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with broad experience working across a wide variety of game systems. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
Subject to experience, the role may also involve being responsible for the day to day management of members of the programming team, and as such you will be expected to show leadership, contribute ideas, identify project-wide risks and be a keen problem solver.
You will also need a genuine passion for games.
- Prototyping core moment-to-moment gameplay code
- Implementing and polishing the user input->gameplay code
- Implementing in-game sound effects
- Creating and triggering in-game special effects
- Implementing scoring systems
- Providing player feedback with HUD / UI elements
- Implementing game progression systems
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally, you will have most or all of the following:
- Experience building prototypes and/or full games in Unity or Unreal
- Professional C# programming experience
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Experience of gameplay programming
- Experience of prototyping and rapid iteration of features
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies
- Good knowledge of modern game engines
- Good technical implementation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for playing and making games
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience developing on iOS or Android
- Experience developing games in VR
- Experience and/or training in agile development
- Experience with networking, multiplayer, and/or database systems
- Experience with tools development
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other programmers
Why Apply To Pixel Toys?
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents