Pixel Toys are looking for a full-stack web developer to help us create a best-in-class web app and WebGL game.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects’ development and work to push the limits of the latest web gaming technology.
As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for working with the technical and creative leads to take the vision for our product from concept to completion. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the best web experience possible.
As a candidate for this role, you are expected to have 2 or more years of professional experience, having worked across a wide variety of web technologies. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
Subject to experience, the role may also involve being responsible for the day to day management and/or mentoring of members of the programming team, and as such you will be expected to show leadership, contribute ideas, identify project-wide risks and be a keen problem solver.
- Prototyping new user interfaces for review and iteration.
- Design, develop and extend robust JSON:APIs.
- Work with account management, analytics, data storage and other backend services.
- Provide concise and actionable feedback to Frontend and Backend developers.
- Ensuring good clean project practices are maintained.
- Perform code reviews and give feedback.
- Profiling and optimising critical code.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
Ideally, you will have most or all of the following:
- 2+ years of professional experience working in web development.
- A good understanding of Vue.js, React.js or other JS frontend frameworks.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Understanding of Git and Git Workflow.
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience in prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
WE’LL BE REALLY PLEASED IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with integration testing frameworks like Selenium.
- A good understanding of Server-side rendering frameworks, like Next.js and Nuxt.js.
WHY APPLY TO PIXEL TOYS
We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a covering letter via the form below. We’d also love to see some examples of your work, so please send it through or provide a link