Pixel Toys are looking for talented 3D Character Artist to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for mobile platforms. As one of the key members of the team you will be responsible for working with the creative leads and the art team to take the vision for our games from concept to completion. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment and add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable game possible.As a candidate for the 3D Character role you will demonstrate that you have the ability to create stunning high-res and game-res characters using industry standard techniques. Consistency, clarity and flair are key and we expect to see this in your work throughout. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating great artwork.
- Responsible for the creation of fantastic 3D character art assets for use in our mobile/VR games in-line with the agreed art style guides.
- Ensure created art assets are optimised for use in our game engines, being particularly mindful of performance and memory constraints.
- Self testing of assets and validating that they meet the technical budgets laid out by the game engine.
- Being an active member of the art team, contributing ideas, concepts and technical solutions that will help build great games.
- Occasional concept artwork generation during pre-production phases.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent 3D and 2D skills, with particular focus on original exciting character work.
- Up to date and comprehensive knowledge of Autodesk Maya (or other relevant 3D content creation packages) and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with the opportunities and challenges of the Free-to-play market, mobile gaming sector and the emerging VR market.
- Experience of game development in Unity.
- Ability with sculpting packages such as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Knowledge of texture/material creation pipelines such as Substance.
- Active player of Mobile/VR games.
Why Work for Us?
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents
- If you are interested and think you might have what it takes please drop us your details!
Job Category: Art, Game Design
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Leamington Spa, Remote