C# Backend Programmer
Pixel Toys are looking for a Backend Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, built for mobile platforms. The role is key to the team as you will be developing key systems in the server codebase, in order to support and provide engaging social and multiplayer experiences in our games. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to support the teams create the most enjoyable games possible.
As a candidate for the Backend Programmer role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with the ability to prioritise and execute on a variety of work. You will be responsible for planning and architecting code and data systems that span all areas of the backend codebase. There is the opportunity for the role to grow over time as our teams scale up the use of social, online and backend servers in our games, and you will be in a key role where you can help shape the systems design, selection of services we use and the architecture and components we choose to build alongside them to support our games.
The ideal candidate has experiences in and the ability to use:
- Experience with developing and delivering live service updates.
- Interfacing with Social APIs (Game Center, Google Play, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Backend Services (Analytics, Purchasing, AWS, GameSparks, etc)
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for supporting teams and delivering quality code and systems.
As part of our backend team, you will work with team leads to provide robust software solutions for the server code to enable teams to deliver great online multiplayer games with best in class social integrations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create technical designs and implement the key backend systems used in current and future titles.
- Work on account management, analytics, data storage and backend services.
- Defining data formats and communication protocols between the client and server systems.
- Working with other teams to ensure they build systems that interface with network systems APIs appropriately.
- Writing robust server code to support fun, engaging multiplayer gameplay.
- Help to develop robust APIs to interface with Social / Network systems.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
Ideally, you have most or all of the following:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on backend services.
- A good understanding of network APIs, server architectures, and data storage formats including database design.
- A positive and outgoing personality
- The ability to work together in a team environment and being self-driven, proactive and focused
- A passion for playing and making games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with iOS, Android, Facebook and other Platform / Social APIs
- Experience setting up and maintaining AWS systems
WHY APPLY TO PIXEL TOYS?
We’ll give you the opportunity to:
- work in a friendly and flexible environment
- help define the studio culture and values
- contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
In addition, we will:
- pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- commit to a great bonus scheme
- provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team-building events
- commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- relocation package for non-UK residents