(Closed) Corporate Partnership & Activation Manager
The Corporate Partnership & Activation Manager reports directly to the Director of Business Development to assist in the development of new client acquisition as well as new marketing techniques with existing partners. We are looking for an experienced sponsorship sales professional who has a proven track record and established relationships with agencies and brands.
You will play a leading role and be one of the key relationship managers for partnerships at the Pittsburgh Knights. Industry research, new business prospecting, signing and executing deals, and managing marketing spend for clients are core responsibilities for this position.
This position allows you to be at the forefront of the exciting world of esports. We are changing the sports industry and reinventing how businesses communicate with their audience.
- Execute sales across all Knights properties including our esports, a-list music celebrities, and sports partnerships.
- Exceed annual sales goals within assigned territory, sectors and accounts
- Work to understand our partners’ business needs, allowing them to meet their objectives via our unique platform and market
- Share proposals and presentations with clients while effectively communicating the value proposition
- Achieve sales goals and expand partnership portfolio by building and maintaining strong relationships through the development and execution of strategic plans
- Identify potential corporate partners by consolidating existing market research and exploring new demographics, strategies and consumer behavior
- Identify cross-promotional opportunities by prospecting leads, gathering business requirements and arranging meetings with potential brand partners
- Generate new business partnerships by networking, active prospecting and maintaining relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Use CRM system to track sales activity and client contact information
- Host and Entertain Prospective Clients at specific Knights, Steelers, or Taylor Gang events
- Work with director to perform research, analysis and planning to assure that budgets are maintained, and the objectives of the client are met
- Interact with corporate clients, brand managers, agencies, vendors, etc. to support sales and marketing initiatives
- 5+ years of business development, sales, and marketing experience
- Track record of exceeding sales expectations and goals
- Strong background in generating new business from prospecting to close
- Talent in designing and delivering presentations based on the client’s request
- Confidence in communicating to all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Ability to retain and articulate the client products and services to deliver comprehensive marketing plans
- Values teamwork and collaboration and can work independently with little guidance when necessary
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Travel required 10-15% of the year