Software Developer II – C++
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As the circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we have chosen to keep our offices closed and to work remotely for the time being. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team and remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office, once we make the decision to re-open.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Responsible for developing, programming, and implementing core gameplay features and mechanics.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Implement, prototype, debug, and refine gameplay features, mechanics and tools
- Create systems and features in gameplay related disciplines
- Attention to product quality, scalability, and performance
- Provide ongoing support, improvement, and debugging for existing features
- Collaborate with Game Designers and Artists to integrate their creative ideas into the game
- Anticipate, identify and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions
- Profile and make appropriate game system optimizations for speed, memory, or bandwidth
- 2 to 5 years of game programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Have shipped one AAA title
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and optimized code
- Demonstrated extensive proficiency in and knowledge of object-oriented programming in C++
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated; Capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with development of client server multiplayer games
- Experience developing gameplay and AI systems
- A passion for games!
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.