(Closed) Back-End Engineer
What we do: Our goal at Pipeline is to help content creators turn their passion into a career. Consumption of online media is growing quickly and there are millions of new creators starting their journey each month. We believe that anyone who is deeply passionate about a niche and willing to put in the work can be a successful creator. Pipeline was created to provide the best environment for new creators to succeed through premium educational content and a supportive community.
Who we are: Gamers, creators, streamers, esports fans, Twitch mods, designers, vloggers - we’ve been through this journey ourselves. Pipeline was founded by Snoopeh and StoneMountain64, who have each successfully built careers as creators and are now looking to share what they’ve learned to support the next generation. Our team is passionate about online content creation and we’re moving fast to build out the education and community platform we wish we had when we started. We’re a young startup that’s loved by thousands of creators, we’re profitable and we’re growing quickly.
About the role: We are looking for a Back-End Engineer to create and maintain scalable services for the Pipeline platform experience. You will be part of a product team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle of multiple products offered to the Pipeline community. As a Back-End Engineer you will be responsible for architecting and developing systems that support the Pipeline platform, and deploying to and maintaining the production server-side environments. We are looking for a team player to take on the challenges of scaling a community platform and a product ecosystem for the leading community of content creators.
In a typical month a Back-End Engineer at Pipeline might:
- Architect and develop custom integrations with brand partners and commerce systems.
- Refactoring and enhancing existing features and systems to scale for our rapidly growing community.
- Evaluate new database technology to strengthen and scale the data systems powering the Pipeline platform.
- Design, implement, and test robust internal and public APIs
- Implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting third-party services and tools
- Track and monitor production environment systems
- Write technical documentation
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers
We'd expect you to have:
- 5+ years development experience building performant APIs and services at scale.
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. Node.js, Python, Go, PHP)
- Experience working with and maintaining databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, MYSQL)
- Familiarity with server-less architecture and cloud services (e.g. Vercel, AWS, Digital Ocean)
- Experience working with payment or subscription services
- Experience working with NGINX and Docker in a production environment
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- 💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options
- ⌚ Flexible, Remote Work Schedules
- 🏥 Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- 🏖️ Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
- 🤝 Access to Corporate Partner Discounts